I came up with this little recipe one night (circa 1990) when I was bored.
Most 20-year-olds go out and kick up their heels when they’re bored.
What did I do? Create a dip. What the hell was wrong with me?
I would definitely double, triple or quadruple this for company because I created this before I had any concept of serving sizes.
1) 1 C. Old El Paso Thick and Chunky mild salsa
2) 2 Tbsp. Sour cream
3) 2 dashes of oregano
4) 2 dashes of Italian herb seasoning
Drain the salsa, then mix all together (I would add a little garlic powder too) in a small saucepan until just starting to boiling. You could also just microwave it too.
Serve with Frito’s or tortilla chips.
Now I created this when I was 20 years old so it might not be as good as how I remember it but who doesn’t like a dip recipe?
- 1) 1 C. Old El Paso Thick and Chunky mild salsa
- 2) 2 Tbsp. Sour cream
- 3) 2 dashes of oregano
- 4) 2 dashes of Italian herb seasoning
- Drain your salsa and mix it all together.
- I would add a little garlic powder to this as well.
- Heat on the stove until boiling or cook in the microwave for two full minutes.