I love french toast, especially when my mom makes a french toast with Pannetone? Sweet baby ruth.
But since I am on a quest to look like a supermodel eat healthily, I try to re-create my favorite recipes into a lower fat version.
I must give most of the credit to the invention of 0 calorie spray butter.
Whoever invented this magical concoction, thank you.
Thank you with all of my being.
So here is my take on low-fat French Toast and I think you will love it.
I spray the pieces immediately with the 0 calorie spray butter and the low cal syrup…heaven!
Low-Fat French Toast
- 1- 2 slices per person Sara Lee 45 calorie whole wheat bread
- 2- 2 egg whites
- 3- 1/4 c. or less of low-fat milk
- 4- 1 capful of vanilla
- Combine egg white, milk and vanilla in a pie plate. Add a dash of cinnamon for extra flavor.
- Dip your bread in the mixture, coating both sides.
- Spray a griddle with Pam and wait for it to preheat.
- Once your griddle is preheated, add your bread slices and cook until done.
- It won’t take as long as traditional french toast because you are only using the egg white.
- Serve with soy or turkey sausage for a low-calorie meal!