Head here to find lots more four-ingredient recipes!
I have seen plenty of this recipe floating around the Internet (Pinterest) over the past several months.
There are different variations, but the one I adapted started from this blogger here*.
*Blog is no longer active, sadly.
I made this a month ago, and we all loved it, but it was too hot.
Even for my husband who loves all things hot, which includes me, hubba, hubba.
Here are my adaptations to the recipe to make it ours.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 bottle Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 packet of dry Ranch dressing
- 3-4 Tbsp. butter
- Place the thawed chicken in the crock pot.
- Top with the ranch packet and the hot sauce.
- Cook on low for 6- 7 hours ( I did 7, and it was perfect).
- Then bring the chicken to a cutting board and shred it.
- I actually shredded the chicken right in the crock pot.
- Put the lid back on and add the margarine.
- Cook for an extra hour.
- Serve on buns with condiments.
- You could serve this with some celery too.
I could see the smoke coming out of my oldest daughter’s ears when she took a bite.
I would say enough to just cover the chicken and then maybe add some water throughout to prevent drying out.