We started it out with a sweet 16 party for a daughter of a good friend, had a baggo party with some neighbors and ended up with a lovely, I mean absolutely lovely Sunday spent in Michigan with some dear family.
Here are some highlights:
I did a craft last week.
It has been a while since I have really done anything involving creativity or glue.
Last week a friend gave me a tip about helping my youngest get over her monsters under the bed phase and it involved glitter.
I looked at her and literally said, “but that means I have to go to the craft store….” in a whiny voice.
What happened to me????
I used to love going to the craft store even if I didn’t have a plan.
And after thoughtful pondering I have come to this conclusion:
My kids are sucking the life out of me.
I read all these blogs and they talk all hearts and flowers about summertime, swinging on the porch while drinkin’ lemonade and how it is goin’ waaaaayyyyy too fast and how they are coming up with one project after another to keep their kids occupied AND have time to blog about it after.
This is my routine.
Day after day.
I. Kid. You. Not.
– wake up at the crack of dawn to my youngest asking if she can have some M & M’s….at 6 am.
– spending every dime of my hubs salary to feed two females who I think, I really think, might be 38-year-old Japanese sumo wrestlers.
– make a healthy lunch with lots of fruits and veggies to have them completely dunked in ranch and or sugar or both at once.
– too totally exhausted to use pool passes I paid too much money for, so just sit in driveway spraying the hose at my kids and any other passerby just because its 100 degrees and I can.
– somehow my 4.5-year-old has forgotten to go to the potty by herself and needs help and now has forgotten how to write her own name. Mother of the Year award should arrive in the mail any day.
– our garage now has a funky smell. Not sure if it is the stagnant water table that I forgot to empty three days ago or the massive amounts of food carcasses I am sure my kids and the neighbor kids have left all over the yard/garage/street.
– when I hear someone call my name….which is always in a whiny, high pitched screeching noise that I am sure is akin to those annoying screecher monkeys that no one really likes but says they like at the zoo because who wants to admit they don’t like monkeys??….. I run into the closest room/closet/neighbors home to get away.
– I go out running to get out of the house away from all of the above not to get exercise.
– thankfully I also have a kick butt neighbor friend who enjoys margaritas and wine as much as I do to sit outside with and brave the mosquitos with after the kids go to bed. At this moment, I have ten bites on me. Four of which are on my butt.
So when I got some inspiration to work on something other than cleaning the kitchen floor for the sixth time that day, well, that is a big deal.
So here is what I came up with!
I had this board sitting in my basement for years. I have no idea what it is even from.
Which wouldn’t be unheard of around here?