Well, for the most part.
I was perusing the land of all things Pins and Interest the other week and found this gem by a blogger who also is getting tired of the blog rat race that is going on.
Because don’t we all get freaked out about things that you would just die if anyone found out about?
The point is this:
- there are a lot of really annoying bloggers out there who are starting to irritate even the calmest and most amicable of bloggers. The professional quality pictures? The profile pictures that look like glamour shots? The homes that look like something out of a catalog? Enough.
- the aforementioned bloggers need to start keeping it real. Let your hair down that is if that’s even your real hair. Get to know your readers and let them inside.
I have things that I am afraid for you to know.
I am baring my soul.
I hope you still like me when this is over.
- Let us start off really simple, shall we? I always misspell afraid. I spell it afriad. Every time I type. I always spell check each post before it goes to publish but I thought you should know. Afriad.
- I am a huge people pleaser with the exception of my happiness. I will say, “why yes, I can babysit your child while you run to the store” even if I have a million things to do and it is very much an inconvenience. I will curse myself every time I do something like this. But yet, I do it over and over. I say to myself, “just say no, Kari. It won’t make them like you less“, yet I keep doing it.
- I hate getting sick but my biggest fear? Vomiting. I would walk in a dark alley in the city alone at night unarmed before I would go into someone’s home who has the stomach flu.
- My family is in many different directions and that makes me sad. I am one of two kids in my family: my brother and I as well as my mom and dad and we all used to be tight. But life gets in the way and people move far away and bonds get weaker. I am still close to my mom, dad, brother, and sister-in-law but it makes me sad to realize that we were all within five minutes of each other seven years ago and now I am lucky if I see my brother twice a year and my parents five times a year. I also feel like I haven’t moved on and they all have maybe because I still live here and have the reminders of them living here?
- I have a hard time keeping really close friends but my friend Rebecca being the only exception. She and I have been friends for almost 20 years and not one fight. Reason? She is a saint. That and I feel like we are both givers. I sometimes tend to attract friends who are more takers and then I can’t do it anymore and slowly back away. I know people who collect friends and never let them go and I wish that were me. But I am a person who gives all of myself to a relationship and when I don’t get the same in return? I start to lose interest in that friendship. Now, this doesn’t mean I don’t have any friends. I have some great friends who I see here and there but I have gotten burned so many times, that I only have one really close friend and will only ever have one really close friend and she knows who she is.
- Speaking of friends, I miss the “old gang”. They know who they are.
- My daughter and I got lice from a movie theater and you will never catch me in a movie theater again as long as I live. I love me some movies but going forward it’s either On Demand, DVD or drive-in theaters for me. If you have never had lice, you won’t understand this and judge me and that’s okay. If you have had lice, you will act like you have never had it but secretly you will be one with me and my decision. It’s one of the worst experiences in the world. I will, however, let my children go to the movies. But I greet them at the door with the lice comb, nit spray, and a thorough comb through. I wish I were lying.
- My mother in law doesn’t speak to me. She also doesn’t really like me as is clear by the not speaking thing. In a nutshell, I used to be tight with her but then after she and my father in law pulled a no-show for their youngest grandchild’s baptism because my mother in law hates churches and to be quite honest, God in general, I couldn’t take it anymore and made it known I was not happy that they couldn’t just suck it up and be there for their grandchild. She stopped speaking to me that day. I tried to make amends months later by bringing over a coffee cake and proceeded to sit there for an excruciating two hours while she talked to everyone in the room except me. In front of my oldest daughter who was old enough to see someone excluding her mom. I cried the entire way home. I should say that my daughter still sees them regularly; I just don’t go along for the visits. So as hard as it is to have absolutely no family except said mother in law and father in law in the Chicago area, I have to suck it up and realize that sometimes you just can’t make everybody happy. And that if you have great in-laws AND great parents AND you live near them, you are very, very blessed.
So you either love me more now or can’t stand me more now but this is who I am.
My house isn’t always clean…OK, that is a total lie, but I have been known to eat lick the bottom of an ice cream container to get the rest of the good stuff out and I might or might not have makeup in my bag that expired last year.
The point is that I think if you and I lived next door to each other, we would be friends.
And my friends know pretty much everything about me.
Well, maybe not until today.