I am in love with my new green front door!!
And the neighbors tell me it makes them happy when they look at it.
I am all about serving the people, folks.
First off, I won something.
I know those who are following me on Facebook and Twitter are sick to death of hearing this but just give me one more shout out, okay?
I WON A MINI IPAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a funny story behind this and I will tell it.
Because I am still in recovery from my AWESOME blogger Sunday.
– When I am alone in the house (which is RARE), I turn my iPod on full volume and dance. Like DANCE.
– I clean my bathrooms on Thursdays. I don’t know why I picked this day but if this is your day too, I wave my toilet brush in your general direction.
– Speaking of Monty Python, I love The Holy Grail movie, thanks to my brother.
– I have never seen the movie The Princess Bride.
– I don’t drink coffee but I love the smell of it.
-The smell of beer on my husband’s breath makes me giddy. You know, GIDDY. Wink, wink.
– I have never rollerbladed in my life but I can school you on roller skates. Especially when We Will Rock You by Queen comes on.
– I can smell cats in a house as soon as I walk in. Even if you NEVER had a cat but maybe the previous owner did? Yeah. I got their number. Realtors should hire me. I am like a savant when it comes to uncovering cat smell.
– I have big feet. Size 9.5- 10 big. You know what they say about women with big feet? They wear big shoes.
– Aspartame gives me headaches. And for that reason, I rarely chew gum.
– My name could have been Amy. If I were a boy, I would have been named Jonathan.
– My brother’s girl name was Christy. My brother married a girl named Kristy.
– I love the smell of road tar.
– I marched in the Citrus Bowl parade with our high school marching band in 1987.
– I like to eat salt on my apples and watermelon.
– I also love ketchup on my cottage cheese and my youngest won’t eat cottage cheese without it.
– My first car was a Chevette. Well, it was my parent’s car but the car I drove all through high school.
– My brother totaled that car two months after getting his license.
– I hate thunderstorms. So do both my girls.
– I have an irrational fear of tornadoes.
– I had to get stitches on the day of my mom’s 50th birthday while getting ready for the surprise party I was planning. I was cutting a watermelon and sliced open my finger. No one was home, so I drove myself to the ER.
– I am recently addicted to Candy Crush on my phone……and can’t get past level 30.
– I took three years of French in high school and can only remember four or five words. Je m’apelle Kari.
– I had a chance to go to Quebec during my freshman year in high school but turned it down because I didn’t want to be away from my family.
– My entire family now lives within 8-11 hours away from me as I write this.
– I won a blue ribbon at the county fair for cooking when I was 12 and in 4-H.
– I don’t know how to swim.
– I was afraid I would die of Toxic Shock Syndrome all through high school.
-And also of Scoliosis thanks to the book Deenie.
– While all my friends ran out and got their driver’s license the day they turned 16, I didn’t go get mine until six months after I turned 16 because I was scared to death to drive.
– When I was in high school, everyone called me “Jenny” because I reminded them of Jennifer on Family Ties.
– My oldest daughter looked just like Dakota Fanning when she was little. So much that random people on the street would stop us and ask us if it was her.
– My senior year soundtrack was Def Leppard’s Hysteria. On tape, of course.
– I am peed off that I can’t buy any Def Leppard’s Hysteria on iTunes.
– When I write a blog post, I can’t have any noise, no music, nothing at all.
– Therefore, I blog when I am alone or when the kids are asleep.
– I was told by my English teacher in high school that I would make a great writer someday. That same teacher gave me a C in her class.
– I was a cigarette smoker for 13 years when I quit before I got pregnant with my oldest. Then I started again for five more years before quitting for good in 2007 before I got pregnant with my youngest. I am 6.5 years “sober” and will never touch one again.
– Favorite high school class? Speech. Favorite college class? Microbiology.
– I have a blanket I sleep with every single night that I call my “woobie” and I can’t sleep without it. My hubs even brought it to me at the hospital after I gave birth to my youngest.
– The night before I left the hospital after giving birth to Ellie, I had four maternity nurses in my room hanging out and talking all evening.
– I almost became a nurse. I got into the program and then turned it down. Biggest career regret of my life.
– I am freakishly strong but my 13-year-old daughter is too. She can carry me piggyback and I am not light.
-My love for senior citizens has rubbed off on my kids. So much so that when my youngest sees a “gramma” or “grampa” in the store, she says “I wish we could take them home with us!!” Yes, I know that would be illegal.
– I secretly miss big honkin’ 80s hair…….
……..which I kept on rockin’ until 1992.
OK off to rock out to some Def Leppard and watch The Holy Grail with some senior citizens.